Dandenong Ranges Gourmet Hike
Saturday 19 January 2019 @ 9.30 a.m.
For this first hike, we will set off down the Dandenong Ranges Tourist Track from the Sassafras Mechanics Institute Hall. Our meeting point is the Ripe Café for a pre-hike coffee and snack, after which will we head off into the forest for some nature, exercise, chats and, eventually, more eating.
The hike includes …
• A guided 11-12 km hike from Sassafras to Kallista and back to Sassafras
• A pre-walk coffee and snack at Ripe Café
• Lunch at either The Piggery or King Henry Arts Café (depending on numbers and availability)
• A stroll around the Alfred Nicholas Memorial Gardens
• Wildlife spotting (only the friendly ones, fingers crossed)
• Good conversation, fresh air and unforgettable memories
Please bring along …
• Comfortable trainers or hiking boots
• Water bottle – 1L
• Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
• Light waterproof jacket (summer)
• Lunch and snack money
Date: Saturday 19 January 2019
Meeting point: Ripe Café, 376-378 Mount Dandenong Tourist Rd, Sassafras Victoria
Start time: Arrive between 9:30-9:45am to collect coffee and snacks for a 10:15am departure.
Finish time: Approximately 4:30pm – 5:00pm
Parking: Limited parking is available near the Mechanics Hall (opposite Geppetto’s Workshop toy
store), with parking also available across the road off the beginning of Mountain Highway.
Distance from Melbourne CBD: 50km
Grade: Moderate. 11–12 km.
Cost: FREE! But please bring approximately $60 to cover coffee, snacks and lunch.
To book …
Email email@example.com to hold a spot. I’m intending to keep these hikes small (max. 10 people), so best to get in quick! Please notify me as soon as possible if you are unable to attend. Thanks!