Red Hill Gourmet Hike
Sunday 5 May 2019 @ 9.30 a.m.
For this fourth, Autumnal (yay, my favourite season!) DanDomiTravels Gourmet Hike, we will be hiking down the picturesque Red Hill Rail Trail. We begin in Red Hill, meeting at Food on the Hill for a pre-hike coffee and cake and then heading through lush gardens and pine forest towards Merricks. A steep climb will be rewarded with a glimpse of Western Port followed by a gentle decline towards our lunch destination, Merricks General Wine Store. We then return back to Red Hill, with some homemade treats along the way.
The hike includes …
• A guided 13 km hike from Red Hill to Merricks and back to Red Hill
• A pre-walk coffee and cake at Food on the Hill
• Lunch at Merricks General Wine Store
• Wildlife spotting (only the friendly ones, fingers crossed)
• Good conversation, fresh air and unforgettable memories
Please bring along …
• Comfortable trainers or hiking boots
• Water bottle – 1L
• Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
• Waterproof jacket (for whatever the Autumn weather brings)
• Lunch and snack money
Date: Sunday 5 May 2019
Meeting point: Food on the Hill, 159 Shoreham Road, Red Hill South Victoria
Start time: Arrive between 9:30-9:45am to collect coffee and snacks for a 10:30am departure.
Finish time: Approximately 4:30pm – 5:00pm
Parking: Parking is available at the Red Hill Bushland Reserve car park on Callanans Road
Distance from Melbourne CBD: 89km
Grade: Medium. 13 km.
Cost: FREE! But please bring approximately $60 to cover coffee, snacks and lunch.
To book …
Email email@example.com to hold a spot. These hikes are best in small groups (max. 10 people), so best to get in quick! Please notify me as soon as possible if you are unable to attend. Thanks!