Domino Trail Gourmet Hike
Sunday 14 April 2019 @ 9.30 a.m.
On this fourth DanDomiTravels Gourmet Hike and the first on a Sunday (I have heeded the call for Sundays, people!), we visit the Goldfields region of Victoria, which is bursting with gourmet delights to be had. We begin in the lovely town of Trentham, meeting at RedBeard Historic Bakery (deemed by some to be the ‘best bakery in the world’!) for a pre-hike coffee and sourdough goodies. We then head through the eucalypt forest on the Domino Trail towards Lyonville for lunch and live music at the Radio Springs Hotel. We then return back to Trentham, with some homemade treats along the way.
The hike includes …
• A guided 12 km hike from Trentham to Lyonville and back to Trentham
• A pre-walk coffee and cake at RedBeard Historic Bakery
• Lunch at Radio Springs Hotel
• Wildlife spotting (wallabies, wombats, echidnas and the powerful owl abound in this area)
• Good conversation, fresh air and unforgettable memories
Please bring along …
• Comfortable trainers or hiking boots
• Water bottle – 1L
• Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
• Warm, waterproof jacket (for whatever the Autumn weather brings)
• Lunch and snack money
Date: Sunday 14 April 2019
Meeting point: RedBeard Historic Bakery, 38A High Street, Trentham Victoria
Start time: Arrive between 9:30-9:45am for coffee and sourdough snacks, departing at 10:30am.
Finish time: Approximately 4:30pm – 5:00pm
Parking: Parking is available throughout Trentham. Park close to the bakery or at the Trentham Railway Station and Visitor Information Centre, from where we will begin and end our hike.
Distance from Melbourne CBD: 95 km
Grade: Medium. 12 km.
Cost: FREE! But please bring approximately $60 to cover coffee, snacks and lunch.
To book …
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to hold a spot. These hikes are best in small groups (max. 10 people), so best to get in quick! Please notify me as soon as possible if you are unable to attend. Thanks!