Sugarloaf Reservoir Gourmet Hike
Saturday 14 September 2019 @ 8.45 a.m.
This end-of-winter DanDomiTravels Gourmet Hike will see us busting out of the city (but not too far) for a proper nature day, with good coffee just around the corner. This will be a more active hike, with a lovely lunch at the end to reward our efforts and hopefully over which to chat about all the fauna we’ve spotted. Our sustenance spot is The Dark Horse Cafe, Wine and Produce store. Here we will meet for a quick coffee before heading a few kilometres away to the reservoir in order to begin our circuit. The complete circuit should take about 3.5-4 hours, including rest stops, after which we’ll head off for lunch. Fingers crossed for no rain and some echidna spotting, on what is sure to be a beautiful day away from the concrete and crowds.
The hike includes …
• A guided 15 km hike around the Sugarloaf Reservoir in Christmas Hills (Yarra Valley)
• A pre-walk coffee at The Dark Horse Cafe, Wine and Produce
• Homemade treats (by me!) to snack on along the way
• Lunch at The Dark Horse Cafe, Wine and Produce after the walk
• Good conversation, fresh air and lots of wildlife spotting.
Please bring along …
• Comfortable trainers or hiking boots
• Water bottle – 1L
• Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat or beanie
• Warm, waterproof jacket (for whatever the Winter weather brings)
• Lunch and coffee money
Date: Saturday 24 August 2019
Meeting point: The Dark Horse Cafe, 765 Eltham-Yarra Glen Road,
Watsons Creek, Victoria. We will be meeting here for a quick coffee before driving to Ridge picnic area and car park from where we will begin our walk.
Start time: Arrive between 8.45–9.00 a.m. for coffee, for a 9.30 a.m. departure from the cafe.
Finish time: Approximately 4.00–4.30 p.m at the cafe.
Parking: Parking is available at the cafe and then at the Sugarloaf Reservoir Ridge picnic area car park, where we will begin and end our hike.
Distance from Melbourne CBD: 43 km
Grade: Moderate, with some inclines. Approx. 15 km total.
Cost: FREE! But please bring approx. $60 to cover coffee and lunch.
To book …
Email firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 14 August to reserve a spot. These hikes are best in small groups (max. 10 people), so best to get in quick! Please notify me as soon as possible if you are unable to attend. Thanks!