Sherbrooke Forest Gourmet Hike
Sunday 8 March 2020
The first DanDomiTravels Gourmet Hike of 2020 will take place in the lush Sherbrooke Forest, for some Sunday tree-worshipping. Although this rainforest treasure is relatively close to the city, it’s unmistakable enchantment will elevate even the toughest of spirits among us concrete dwellers.
We will begin our day at the Burnham Bakery for coffee and baked goods, then after a little meander around the Alfred Nicholas Memorial Gardens, we’ll set out on our forest walk. This will take us through the heart of the Sherbrooke Forest, past the Sherbrooke Falls and back up along the Sherbrooke Creek to finish with a late lunch at the Piggery Cafe.
The hike includes …
• A guided 12 km (approx.) hike on a medium-grade Sassafras Forest trail
• A pre-hike coffee at the Burnham Bakery / Piggery Cafe
• A homemade treat (created by me!) to snack on along the way
• Lunch at the Piggery Cafe after the hike
• Beautiful company, fresh air and a day of among the trees.
Please bring along …
• Comfortable trainers or hiking shoes
• Water bottle – 1L
• Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
• Lightweight, waterproof jacket (for whatever the late Summer weather brings)
• Lunch and coffee money (approx. $60)
Date: Sunday 8 March 2020
Meeting point: Burnham Bakery (part of Burnham Beeches), 1 Sherbrooke Rd
Sherbrooke VIC 3789.
Start time: Arrive between 9.15-9.30 a.m. for coffee, for a 10 a.m. departure from the bakery.
Finish time: Approximately 2 p.m at the Piggery Cafe.
Parking: Parking is available at onsite at Burnham Beeches, otherwise there is all-day parking available across the road.
Distance from Melbourne CBD: 44 km
Grade: Medium with some steep sections. Approx. 12 km total.
Cost: FREE! But please bring approx. $60 to cover coffee and lunch.
To book …
Email [email protected] by Sunday 1 March to reserve a spot. These hikes are best in small groups (max. 10 people), so best to get in quick! Please notify me as soon as possible if you are unable to attend. Thanks!