Yarra’s End Gourmet Hike
Saturday 1 June 2019 @ 9.00 a.m.
Ever wondered what lies in and around the industrial heart of Melbourne? For the official first day of Winter we will be keeping this next DanDomiTravels Gourmet Hike local, exploring Fisherman’s Bend and the mouth of the Yarra River, which happens to be Australia’s busiest seaport. We begin on the outskirts of Port Melbourne, meeting at Caps Cafe for a pre-hike coffee and snack. We head off on our walk through Westgate Park, hopefully in time to catch a glimpse of the pink lake, before taking a trip on the commuter ferry ‘The Punt’ across to Spotswood. From there we will head down to the historic Prince Albert Hotel in Williamstown for lunch, along the very end (or beginning … you decide!) of the Yarra River. We then return back to Port Melbourne, with some homemade treats to enjoy along the way.
The hike includes …
• A guided 12 km hike from Port Melbourne to Williamstown and back to Port Melbourne
• A pre-walk coffee and cake at Caps Cafe on the Port Melbourne foreshore
• Lunch at the Prince Albert Hotel
• Good conversation, fresh air (except for around the pink lake, perhaps!) and uncovering hidden gems.
Please bring along …
• Comfortable trainers or hiking boots
• Water bottle – 1L
• Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
• Warm, waterproof jacket (for whatever the early Winter weather brings)
• Lunch, snack and ferry money
Date: Saturday 1 June 2019
Meeting point: Caps Cafe, 200 The Boulevard, Port Melbourne Victoria
Start time: Arrive between 9.00-9.15 a.m. for coffee and snacks, for a 9.45 a.m. departure.
Finish time: Approximately 4.00 p.m. – 4.30 p.m.
Parking: Parking is available around Caps Cafe, where we will begin and end our hike.
Distance from Melbourne CBD: 6 km
Grade: Easy. 12 km.
Cost: FREE! But please bring approximately $60 to cover coffee, snacks and lunch. The ferry cost is $10 return.
To book …
Email [email protected] by Monday 27 May to hold a spot. These hikes are best in small groups (max. 10 people), so best to get in quick! Please notify me as soon as possible if you are unable to attend. Thanks!
Leave a Reply